Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blessings from Heaven



When you were a kid, didn’t you hate it when you dad wanted to have a talk with you? This morning God had one with me.

God: Come back to me and I’ll come back to you.
Me: How can I come back when I’ve never left?
God: You’ve cheated me.
Me: What do you mean? When did I cheat you?
God: You’ve cheated me of the offerings that are due me. Bring them to me and I’ll bless you.

Okay, this was really His conversation with Israel. And they were cheating Him of His tithes and offerings. Wayne and I have been faithful about tithing for years and we give extra offerings when we can. So this doesn’t apply to me, does it?

But money isn’t the only thing due God. He deserves my time, my love, my gratitude, my trust and my worship. So the talk we had was about these things. He reminded me that I need to:

arrange my schedule around Him; plan my day to serve Him
love Him with my heart, soul, strength and mind
see His blessings in all the good things and thank Him for them
trust Him to work all things for my good
worship Him for who He is; meditate on His attributes

The wonderful thing about God is that He wants me to do these things so He can bless me. He wants to send down blessings from Heaven that are so big I won’t have room for them all. He wants to give me:

more time than I need
love that overflows
songs of praise
confidence without worry
the glory of His presence

Then my life will be so delightful that people will know I’m blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment