Friday, January 25, 2013

Pray with Joy




There are special people that I pray for with joy – my husband, my daughter and son-in-law, my son and daughter-in-law, my father, my sisters and brother and their spouses, my close Christian friends, my pastor. I love praying for them because I love them. But what makes it a joyful activity is that these people and I share the same purpose. As citizens of the Kingdom of God we are committed to spreading the good news. 

Another of my joys is knowing that these people also pray for me – especially my father. I am so blessed to know that he prays for me daily and that God has promised that “the earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” (James 5:16) His prayers are comforting because I know that although God has begun a good work in me, it won’t be finished until He returns. In other words, I have a long way to go.

So . . .

If anyone is moved to pray for me, this is what I want them to pray:

That my love (for God and others) will overflow more and more 

That I will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding of God’s ways and His Word

That I will understand what really matters (the Kingdom of God and His righteousness)

That I may live a pure and blameless life until the day of Christ’s return 

That I will always be filled with the fruit of my salvation which is the righteous character produced in my life by Jesus Christ

That I will bring much glory and praise to God

I’ll joyfully pray the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment