Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Vows and Tribute


Imagine a great throne room. The room is so big and the polished crystal floor is so bright, it looks like there’s a shining sea at the foot of the throne. It’s surrounded by courtiers who constantly sing the praises of the King. Beyond them is a vast crowd of His subjects, waiting to make their pledges to Him. They are all dressed in pure white garments that seem to glow in the reflection of the King Himself, who shines brighter than the crystal sea. 

The King has conquered His enemy and now He sits on His throne to receive His people. One by one, they kneel before Him to make their vows of obedience. Each of them brings a tribute to lay before the King before joining the other courtiers. 

The tribute is not gold or silver, nor anything that will accumulate at the foot of the throne. The tribute is an eternal song of praise to the King.

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty— the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”

I’m His subject too. I’m a citizen of His Kingdom and some day I’m going to join them. I’m going to kneel before the throne with my tribute of praises to the Holy King.

Selah


But even now, before I get there, I’m blessed to know He is my King. 

Even now, I can vow to obey Him.
Even now, I can sing praises to His holiness.
Even now, I kneel in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment